The History of Rose Park
It all started on May 27, 1956 when Rose Park held its first worship service, but it wasn’t until 1958 that ground was broke for the sanctuary. Families gathered to hear God’s Word and be sent back to their communities to be salt and light. They gathered for baptisms, communion, softball games, and mission trips. They were led by pastors with names like VanderBeek, VandeHoef, Schuiling, Balk, & VanOpstall.
Some sixty years later, we still gather to hear God’s Word, participate in the sacraments, and play softball. Though the families in the neighborhood have changed, our mission still remains the same: connect the disconnected, empower the connected, and reconcile all things to God.
By gleaning from the past and remaining faithful in the present our eyes see a bright hope in the future not only for Rose Park but for the entire Church.